dmd2-2.052 is only for i386, while you are running amd64 (or dmd2 on FreeBSD)

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa gour at atmarama.net
Fri Apr 8 07:57:07 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm running Free/PC-BSD desktop now, and here is dmd-2 experience:

[gour at atmarama] /home/gour# cd /usr/ports/lang/dmd2/
[gour at atmarama] /usr/ports/lang/dmd2# make install clean
===>  dmd2-2.052 is only for i386, while you are running amd64.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/dmd2.

Can we expect that something will change in regard to 64bit support on
FreeBSD soon or it's safer to look for alternatives (gdc, ldc)?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)