simple display (from: GUI library for D)

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Apr 8 18:30:31 PDT 2011

On 2011-04-08 20:18:03 -0400, Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator at gmail.com> said:

> dsimcha wrote:
>> Can it render text?
>
> Not yet, but it's on the list. Anything that's reasonably easy
> in both Windows API and Xlib should be supported here. At the least,
> text, lines, rectangles - all the basics.

One issue is that different operating system will draw things with
slightly different algorithms, which will result in slightly different
images, which might introduce glitches from platform to platform. I
wonder if it might not be better to implement our own drawing
algorithms for geometric shapes, which in addition won't be dependent
on any system library.

I guess text drawing would need to be left system-dependent however...

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/