simple display (from: GUI library for D)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 19:24:33 PDT 2011

Michel Fortin wrote:
> Direct screen drawing will need a different implementation for
> each OS, which means a lot of duplicated effort that could be put in
> implementing dependency-less cross-platform drawing primitives
> instead.

I'd agree if not for one thing: it isn't really much duplicated
effort - most the functions are just a few lines long; it wraps C.
There's a good chance I'll be able to finish them in the next
hour for Win32 and X11.

> As for text, which library does the X server uses to draw text?

I think it's freetype for ttf and for bitmap fonts it's built into
it. Linking directly to it is a good idea.