dmd2-2.052 is only for i386, while you are running amd64 (or dmd2 on FreeBSD)

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa gour at atmarama.net
Sat Apr 9 23:13:39 PDT 2011

yOn Sat, 9 Apr 2011 14:54:55 -0700
Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:

> So, yeah, it sucks that dmd is only a 32-bit binary, and there are
> currently no plans for it become a 64-bit binary,

It's really strange to have 32bit executable on 64bit OS these days
and I?m running 64bit OS for years.

> Most 64-bit linux distros are multilib, and running
> 32-bit binaries is fairly easy. Maybe it's harder with FreeBSD
> though. I don't know. It's your choice though.

One of the reasons to switch to FreeBSD was to spend less time
tinkering with the OS and "just use it".

I?m not familiar enough with FreeBSD, but the message from the subject
is what one gets when attempting to install DMD-2 on x86_64, so I
believe that 32bit executable on 64bit OS is not the right combo on
FreeBSD.

Considering that, I'm turning to gdc2/ldc2 which may just work out of
the box.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)