std.algorithm for images

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 17:45:12 PDT 2011

Cliff Hudson wrote:
> Have you considered wrapping something like DevIL?

I actually didn't consider it; since I already have decent homegrown
loaders for a few formats I figured that'd be good enough, for now
at least.

But, looking now, DevIL is LGPL. As I'm hoping to get into Phobos,
that will mean licensing problems. Phobos should Just Work for
endusers, meaning it ought to package everything it needs with it,
with the exception of operating system libraries.

Packaging the source for a big library to satisfy the LGPL won't
really work there :-(