http://lang-index.sourceforge.net/

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Apr 11 01:00:54 PDT 2011

"Francisco Almeida" <francisco.m.almeida at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:inu0sq$235f$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
>
>> I wonder how accurate this language popularity index is.
>>
>> Andrei
>
> Not only is popularity not well defined, some interesting oddities are
> present. Delphi and Pascal? "Both" more popular than D or even Go?
> Seriously?

D and Go definitely have more buzz lately, but I wouldn't be surprised if
Delphi and Pascal have still had more total usage overall. And there's
probably more people (particularly rank-and-file programmers) who have heard
of Delphi and Pascal. So that, too, just gets back to whatever their
definition of "popularity" is.