http://lang-index.sourceforge.net/

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 07:44:22 PDT 2011

I highly doubt that Delphi can be considered dead.

If Embarcadero/Borland/Codegear is managing to sell a commercial IDE,
that's already more than D has to offer (commercially speaking). It
has some great GUI features, and there's also that one popular
commercial application built with Delphi - FL Studio. And who hasn't
heard of that? Very few people.

So if you were to compare that to D, you could say D is dead. But it's
not, and neither is Delphi or Pascal. I'd say Pascal/Delphi have a
solid ground, but D has rapid growth. E.g. neither delphi or pascal
are gaining grounds, compared to D (that's just my opinion).