Message Passing and Shared Data

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Apr 11 09:49:30 PDT 2011

dsimcha:

> and because D2's type system is already way
> too complex and I think piling more on is a terrible idea.

(To me D type system seems less complex than the Scala one). To implement this type system feature you need some work and time, and it's not nice to waste this work, but here I'd like this type system extension to be optionally available in D (active with a compilation switch), to try it and see how much good/bad it is, to refine its design and find a possible acceptable one, etc.

In Haskell there are several such optional extensions:
http://cvs.haskell.org/Hugs/pages/hugsman/exts.html

Bye,
bearophile