dmd2-2.052 is only for i386, while you are running amd64 (or dmd2 on FreeBSD)

Ruben chromium at hybridsource.org
Mon Apr 11 03:26:26 PDT 2011

> One of the reasons to switch to FreeBSD was to spend less time
> tinkering with the OS and "just use it".
>
> I?m not familiar enough with FreeBSD, but the message from the subject
> is what one gets when attempting to install DMD-2 on x86_64, so I
> believe that 32bit executable on 64bit OS is not the right combo on
> FreeBSD.
Let me address this, since I wrote the ldc, dmd, and dmd2 Makefiles in
FreeBSD ports, after getting permission from Walter.  I simply marked
the port as i386 since I read that there wasn't a 64-bit binary: I never
tried building dmd as 64-bit.  32-bit binaries will run on FreeBSD
amd64, but they might require a bit more work.  I read that some people
simply compile i386 packages in a 32-bit system or jail and then install
them in the 64-bit system.  So I'd guess that you should be able to use
dmd2 on FreeBSD amd64, but it might take a bit more work.