dmd2-2.052 is only for i386, while you are running amd64 (or dmd2 on FreeBSD)

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa gour at atmarama.net
Mon Apr 11 12:03:12 PDT 2011

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 03:26:26 -0700
Ruben <chromium at hybridsource.org> wrote:

> Let me address this, since I wrote the ldc, dmd, and dmd2 Makefiles
> in FreeBSD ports, after getting permission from Walter.

Thank you for your work.

> I simply marked the port as i386 since I read that there wasn't a
> 64-bit binary:

That's fair.

> 32-bit binaries will run on FreeBSD amd64, but they might require a
> bit more work.  I read that some people simply compile i386 packages
> in a 32-bit system or jail and then install them in the 64-bit
> system.  So I'd guess that you should be able to use dmd2 on FreeBSD
> amd64, but it might take a bit more work.

I understand that "it might work"...today I've installed wine on my
x86_64, but I simply expect to run 64bit compiler on 64bit OS and
therefore hope that gdc2/ldc2 will fill the hole.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)