Message Passing and Shared Data

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Apr 11 12:11:08 PDT 2011

dsimcha:

> Yes and this is why Haskell is widely regarded as "too academic".

Haskell is somewhat academic (despite being WAY more widespread and used than D), but not because it has experimental features switch-able at compile time :-)
Regarding type system features, I think the pure annotation is one of the best things added to D2. When a language like D has static typing, I want the full advantages of it (like good type "annotations" enforced at compile time), otherwise I'm fine with Python.

Bye,
bearophile