simple display (from: GUI library for D)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 16:08:12 PDT 2011

teo wrote:
> XCB (http://xcb.freedesktop.org/) - aims to replace Xlib

I've heard of it, but never used it before. Since I wanted to
write this quickly I stuck to what I knew (xlib on linux and gdi
on windows).

Replacing it later, if necessary, won't be hard (the target
specific code is only about 300 lines, all straightforward. We
were considering changing to DirectX / OpenGL a bit later anyway,
so the xlib might actually be secondary in any case).

But I doubt xlib is going anywhere any time soon. It's older than I
am!