Slides about Nemerle

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Apr 11 16:35:36 PDT 2011

"bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote in message
news:inuqqs$niq$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Simple slides about Nemerle language, derived from C#, so far I have never
> used Nemerle:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/gnaop/nemerle_vs_c/
>
> The things I like more are yield (page 20 and 44 of the PDF), some tuple
> syntax (page 51), pattern matching and algebraic types (especially page 64
> and 65). (Macros too may be cool, but they are another level of
> complexity). It seems it uses a simple syntax for tuples, and the pattern
> matching syntax too looks simple.

Yea. I've still never used Nemerle (never liked the idea of being
constrained to a VM), but ever since I came across it I've been a huge fan
of it's patten matching and, to a slightly lesser extent, it's macros too.
So much so, in fact, that it's been really tempting to try using it for a
few things instead of D despite the VM ball-and-chain. Seeing Nemerle's
pattern matching added to D would make me an incredibly happy D user.