[OT] Spaces/tabs (Was: simple display (from: GUI library for D))

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Apr 12 12:53:20 PDT 2011

""Jérôme M. Berger"" <jeberger at free.fr> wrote in message
news:io230l$1ldc$3 at digitalmars.com...
>Well, I have worked in both environments, and I have seen a lot
>more mess ups with tabs than with spaces... Other than that (and the
>fact that almost *no* editors are able to do it properly), I would
>really prefer "tabs for indent, spaces for align".

I prefer "tabs for indent, tabs for align, spaces for separation", but that
requires elastic tabstops. And at least one of the biggest code-edit
controls out there (the one I use), Scintilla, doesn't support them :(