Linux RPM out of date

Kai Meyer kai at unixlords.com
Tue Apr 12 16:22:24 PDT 2011

On 04/08/2011 10:47 AM, Kai Meyer wrote:
> I've been waiting patiently for the Linux RPM to be updated (it's
> currently 2.051). Do I need to continue to wait, or should I volunteer
> some time to help maintain the RPM packaging? I would be happy to help
> develop and maintain a DEB package as well.
>
> -Kai Meyer

This source RPM uses the .zip source distributions from git.

http://kai.gnukai.com/rpms/dmd-2.052-0.i386.rpm
http://kai.gnukai.com/rpms/dmd-2.052-0.src.rpm

I've tested on my Fedora 14 box, and everything appears to be working
fine. With out the source rpm that built the one on that's available on
the website, I've tried to extrapolate what I could about where things
should go, and what should be included. I tried to error on the side of
including too much.

I have not tried to build on CentOS, and I have stripped out all the RPM
dependencies to make installation a little simpler. I hope you can
resolve the dependancies yourself.

I started with the spec file that's in the "installer" repo, but kept
very little of it. One portion was the alien stuff in the post commands.
I don't think that's the place it belongs, but it's just sitting there
commented out for interested individuals.

I'm interested in making this better, so feedback please :)