Anyone interested in simpleaudio.d too?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 07:22:39 PDT 2011

What about PortAudio? It seems to have some kind of custom license, so
I don't know if it's boost-compatible:
http://www.portaudio.com/license.html

It does look quite permissive, so if it's boost-compatible I see no
reason not to use it. It takes care of handling playback for you on a
multitude of platforms, with support for multiple audio driver
standards (ASIO/WDM/*nix types..). All that's left is to make routines
that can read/write different types of audio files. libsndfile is a
good library, but that one is licensed under LGPL.

I've been using it myself and it works fine for high-latency and
low-latency audio playback and sequencing.