Csmith - C compiler stress test

Trass3r un at known.com
Wed Apr 13 08:16:24 PDT 2011

Am 13.04.2011, 16:13 Uhr, schrieb Robert Clipsham
<robert at octarineparrot.com>:
> I've just come across Csmith:
>
> http://embed.cs.utah.edu/csmith/
>
> The tool randomly generates valid C99 code to stress test C compilers
> and has found 350+ bugs in GCC/LLVM alone over the past couple of years.
> It might be interesting to run dmc through this, and maybe adapt the
> tool to generate D test cases?

I think I also came across such a tool but I'm not sure if it was this one.
Since it uses a grammar (subset) to generate the programs it should be
perfectly possible to adapt it for D.
Though it "is mainly intended to find bugs in the parts of a compiler that
perform transformations on an intermediate representation".