"Try it now"

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Apr 13 14:26:05 PDT 2011

Andrei:

> When I try some html or javascript I find it very useful to go to one of
> those sites that allow me to try some code right then and there. The key
> aspect is that the code edit field is already filled with code that is
> close to what I'm looking for, which I can then edit and try until it
> does what I want.

Time ago Walter said that online ways to try code snippets (like the ideone and codepad sites, and the Microsoft site to try Spec#) are no good. I am glad to see you don't agree :-) As you remember the Go site has a similar window even on the home page (JavaScript required): http://golang.org/

> What do you think?

I think this is a good idea that improves the usefulness of the (now active) documentation. In my opinion it's even going to produce more bug reports for DMD/Phobos.

Bye,
bearophile