GSoC 2011 update: we have 3 slots

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Apr 13 15:36:51 PDT 2011

Digital Mars has received 3 slots for GSoC 2011. That means we need to
choose three student projects to go with.

We have enjoyed many strong applications and we have a great lineup of
mentors, but Google is reluctant to allocate a lot of slots to
first-time participants because historically Google has experienced a
high rate of burn-out with new organizations. Most new participants have
only received 2 slots, so this is in fact a vote of confidence for our
fledgling participation.

So we need to prove ourselves by choosing three outstanding projects and
by taking them to completion. I warmly thank all participants (students
and mentors) and I hope they all will stick around and help even though
it is impossible to select them all for formal roles.

Thanks,

Andrei