"Try it now"

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Apr 13 17:37:08 PDT 2011

On 4/13/11 5:39 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> To take this to pro level:
>> * Button shold be on the same like as "Example:" and spell "Try
>> now". Maybe a more attractive shape/icon could help too.
>> * Once pressed, the subsequent edit should contain a "Cancel" that
>> undoes the action.
>> * The compilation/running results should come in a nice inline
>> variable-height stdout after the edit window
>

> Got partially there. Can't spend too much time on this right now,
> got some work projects that need to be finished by friday. I'm
> pretty sure I can finish them in a day if I have to... but I don't
> want to have to.
>
> Anyway take a look. This is where I'll leave it until the weekend:
>
> http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/std_algorithm2.html

This is very close already! Two things if you get to work on this for
the weekend:

* The console window should be of variable height (to fit the text) up
to some number of rows (e.g. 40), and then scroll.

* The console window should be below, not above the edit window.

* The "Compile & Run" button should be "Run" to enhance the feeling of
instant execution.

* The two buttons should be to the right of "Example:" (with some spacing)

* We need to go through all examples and make sure they are
compilable... :o)

This is a great contribution, Adam. Thank you!

Andrei