"Try it now"

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Thu Apr 14 07:18:06 PDT 2011

> Sometimes, I worry that my unit tests or asserts aren't running. Every
> once in a while, I have to change one to fail to make sure that code is
> compiling (this is especially true when I'm doing version statements or
> templates). It would be nice if there was a -assertprint mode which
> showed asserts actually running (only for the module compiled with that
> switch, of course).

You are not the only one, I can't resist to do this quite often when I
work with template-heavy code, or compiler bugs come into play.

At least for the unit tests, this could probably be integrated with a
test harness (and named tests), which would have a verbose mode which
logs each completed unittest block.

David