"Try it now"

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:56:51 PDT 2011

On 04/14/2011 03:50 PM, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On 4/14/11 3:44 PM, spir wrote:

>>> In which way exactly do I need an import to write »extern(C) int
>>> system(in char
>>> *); system(…);«?
>>
>> Did I write "it provides safe sandboxes"?
>>
>> Denis
>
> No, but you wrote that it »helps in having safe sandboxes«, and I'm curious how
> you think it would.

I mean imports usually bring in many more tools for naughty code. And I guess
in some languages, naughty actions can only be performed via such imported
modules (system control, direct memory access,...), thus forbidding import is
an easy way of creating a sandbox. At the very minimum, forbidding import or
limiting it to a predefined set of modules is a necessary first step, I guess.

Denis