"Try it now"

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Apr 14 13:31:05 PDT 2011

Andrei:

> BTW there is a proposal to change group to yield a range of ranges
> instead of a range of tuples.
>
> Do you folks estimate this could cause significant harm to existing code?

This proposal makes group closer to the semantics of the Python itertools.groupby. This change doesn't harm my code significantly.

But in my Python code most times I use groupby I have to convert the inner generator (the inner range) in something eager. So for me the current behaviour of group is OK. What are the reasons to change it?

Bye,
bearophile