Backporting Tango runtime enhancements to druntime

SiegeLord none at none.com
Thu Apr 14 16:15:11 PDT 2011

I am porting Tango to D2 and while I try my best to use druntime instead of Tango's runtime, occasionally I find that Tango's runtime has additional features that other parts of Tango make use of.

The most important of these differences right now is the Thread module. For example, Tango's version has support for schedulers for its fibers. I really don't want Tango to lose any features while transferring over to D2, so I'd prefer for these differences to be backported to druntime. The copyright of these modules seems to be assigned to the current developers of druntime/users of D2 (Sean Kelly, Fawzi Mohamed), so in principle licensing should not be an issue. Before I embark on the quest to make a druntime pull request, I am wondering if there is interest and willingness to merge those changes in on the part of the current druntime developers?

Also, if this discussion is best done on the druntime mailing list... can someone tell me where that mailing list is?

-SiegeLord