Floating Point + Threads?

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Sat Apr 16 05:01:55 PDT 2011

>>> https://github.com/dsimcha/std.parallelism/issues/
>>> 1#issuecomment-1011717 .
>>
>> Does the scheduling affect the summation order?
>
> That's a good thought. FP addition results can differ dramatically
> depending on associativity.

yes, one can avoid this by using a tree algorithm with a fixed
blocksize, then the results will be the same bothe in single and
parallel case.
Normally one uses atomic sumation though.
In blip I spent quite a bit of thought on tree like algorithms and
their parallelization exactly because the parallelize well and are
independent form the paralleization

Fawzi