Floating Point + Threads?

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 07:59:53 PDT 2011

> On 4/16/11 9:52 AM, dsimcha wrote:
>> Output:
>> Rounding mode: 0
>> 0.7853986633972191094
>> Rounding mode: 0
>> 0.7853986633972437348
>
> I think at this precision the difference may be in random bits. Probably
> you don't need to worry about it.
>
> Andrei

"random bits"?  I am fully aware that these low order bits are numerical
fuzz and are meaningless from a practical perspective.  I am only
concerned because I thought these bits are supposed to be deterministic
even if they're meaningless.  Now that I've ruled out a bug in
std.parallelism, I'm wondering if it's a bug in druntime or DMD.