compile phobos into 64bit -- error!

Don nospam at nospam.com
Sun Apr 17 07:29:34 PDT 2011

David Wang wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I've download the latest dmd & druntime & phobos from gitHub.com;
> I copied them into a "32bit" folder and a "64bit" folder; I combined them
> separately into 32bit version and 64bit.
>
> 1). 32bit for dmd & druntime & phobos -- passed.
> 2). 64bit for dmd & druntime -- passed; but phobos -- failed. Please view the
> info as follows:

A 'live' development checkout is not guaranteed to work. For one thing,
development on Phobos and on the compiler is independent, and changes
can be made simultaneously to both.
To maximize your chances of getting a functional build, look at the D
autotester before you download from github.
http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/index.ghtml
Additionally, any problems should be reported on the development mailing
lists, not here.
In this particular case, what's happened is that one of the largest
structural problems inside the compiler has been fixed. This fixed a
dozen of the nastiest bugs in Bugzilla, but also exposed some problems
in Phobos and in the test suite. It'll probably be another day or so
before everything is fully stable again.