too early for D2 and too late for D1

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Apr 17 22:15:26 PDT 2011

"David Nadlinger" <see at klickverbot.at> wrote in message
news:ioftkj$2811$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd/attachment/wiki/DmdPatch/dmd.2.046.patch?format=raw
>>
>> This should probably be mentioned at the bitbucket wiki.
>
> Ah, sorry, this was a side effect of QtD currently being in limbo between
> Bitbucket (DVCS hosting) and DSource (wiki, issue tracker). I just
> replaced the Bitbucket Wiki frontpage with a link to DSource until someone
> finds time to properly migrate all the contents - the patch was not the
> only dead link.
>
> As for the patch itself, it is more or less just a quick hack to be able
> to access e.g. the module a declaration is in, which is needed for some
> parts of the enum handling code  - Max Samukha knows the details.

I've had need for a feature like that, too. Luckily in my case, I only
needed to get the name of the current module (within some mixed-in code), so
I was able to hack my way through with a dummy var and some mangle/demangle
gymnastics. I definitely agree that a more general "get module of symbol" is
needed.