Ben Gertzfield is our 11th mentor

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Apr 18 12:55:33 PDT 2011

Hello,

Ben Gertzfield, my Facebook coworker, is our 11th mentor for this year's
GSoC. Please join me in welcoming Ben.

Although this year we only have three formal mentor slots, I decided to
approve Ben for two reasons. First, more mentors means a stronger GSoC
presence overall and more competent opinions and ideas on the mentors
list, and Ben is definitely one to listen to.

Second, I believe Ben has what it takes to be a great mentor because he
knows a lot about a lot, knows how to explain, and enjoys teaching. He
has helped me in a variety of situations ranging from fixing my cell
phone to debugging my VMWare virtual machine. Ben also added support for
the D programming language to Facebook's build system and is overall
interested in the evolution of the language.

We haven't decided who the three formal mentors will be for our slots,
but I'm sure Ben's participation will add good value to our GSoC presence.

Andrei