Hidden argument kind antipattern

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Tue Apr 19 16:32:48 PDT 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 02:18:39 +0300, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My vote is weakly in favor of lazy parameters, since a maintenance
> programmer would probably look at what such a function does and not be
> surprised for very long.

Not contradicting you, but I'd like to clarify my point: given a large
function with unknown code, it is my opinion that, with a well-designed
programming language / library, a maintainer will not have to inspect the
signature of each function referenced from the code to understand the
basic _data flow_ and _execution order_ within the function.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net