opDispatch, duck typing, and error messages

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Apr 21 16:54:47 PDT 2011

> Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > I just checked. Exception _does_ take a default file and line number.
>
> Huh, maybe my dmd is getting old.
>
> Maybe we should revisit this after the next dmd release. Sounds like
> one is coming pretty soon with a lot of yummy goodness in it. All
> of this Exception stuff may be moot.

It was in dmd 2.052. I don't know when the change was made though. I might
have been the one to change it too. I made several changes a while back to
make it so that Exception and Error types had default file and line numbers
(and I actually had to remove several on various Errors, because the way that
they're actually created makes them not work with default arguments).

- Jonathan M Davis