GDC2, LDC2 Status Updates?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 24 13:04:14 PDT 2011

== Quote from dsimcha (dsimcha at yahoo.com)'s article
> I've been curious for a while how close GDC2 and LDC2 are to being ready
> for production use.  Are the test suite results posted publicly for
> either of these?  Other than that, is there anything else other than
> building and testing for myself that would give me a good idea of where
> these libraries stand?

I don't think it is "dsmicha's production" ready. Though if you write D2 code
conservatively there should be little reason why things should go wrong. :~)

Unittests that fail in the D2 testsuite can be found here:
https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/src/6e40c9c42f6e/testsuite/Makefile#cl-103

With 64bit, all the same tests pass with the exception to some vararg related
tests passing structs/unions.

However, the testsuite can really only been taken with a pinch of salt, and
certainly doesn't cover everything the language allows you to do.