Linus with some good observations on garbage collection

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Apr 24 13:46:22 PDT 2011

Andrei:

> It might not a good use of our time to further engage in a diatribe on this.

Just a note: you have not wasted your time discussing this, because I am not expert on such matters, so I learn something from informed discussions :-)

If a book that explains C language is just 200 pages long, a book that explains the design purpose, design constraints and design compromises of every feature of C language requires a much longer book (800 pages?), and it's probably also much more interesting :-)

Bye,
bearophile