How to use sprintf

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Apr 25 10:30:45 PDT 2011

Daniel Gibson:

> So why not just leave it the way it is?

It muds the semantic of the language, adding another special case. I think the right (right = shared with other structs) semantics here is to return the address of the length field.

My experience based seeing it happen again and again tells me that every time you leave some muddy semantics in a language, sooner or later that comes back to bite your bum. Another example is the @property semantics, some people don't want to fix the current wrong behaviour.

Bye,
bearophile