How to use sprintf

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:26:59 PDT 2011

bearophile:
> I don't need a perfect language, but I fail to understand why
> similar little pieces of trash are wanted in any language.

It's probably meant to make interaction with C a little easier. In
C, arrays and pointers are interchangeable in a lot of places. It'd
make D code look more like the C code it is interacting with.

I don't think we need it, since the .ptr property does the job, but
the reasoning probably made a lot of sense at the time it was brought
in.