Pre-conditions at compile-time with static arguments

so so at so.so
Mon Apr 25 23:30:41 PDT 2011

>> Time ago I have heard that "enum" is useless and const/immutable
>> suffice.

AFAIK it wasn't clear, it was said that we adopted this usage of "enum"
just because of some bugs in "const/immutable" but we also know "enum" and
"immutable" have difference(s), especially related to this issue. We can't
replace "enum" with "immutable". Answering my own question on another
reply, for arguably same reasons function(constant) pair is not expected
to run at compile-time unless it was labeled with "enum" or "static".