std.parallelism is accepted into Phobos

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 05:32:03 PDT 2011

On 4/26/2011 8:01 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 11:21 +0000, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
>> The std.parallelism vote is now over, and the results are as follows:
>>
>>    24 voted yes
>>     0 voted no
>>
>> I guess that's what you call a landslide.  It is my pleasure to announce
>> that std.parallelism has been accepted for inclusion in Phobos.
>> Congratulations, David!
>
> Splendid.  Thanks to David for doing all the really hard work.
>
> OK so now when do I get a version of Phobos with it in.  Tomorrow,
> Thursday? ;-)
>
> More seriously though:  I believe Phobos only gets released with a DMD
> release.  Do we know when that is scheduled for?

Soon.  I'm praying that I can figure out makefiles in that time to check
std.parallelism in, since I think they're harder to work with than
multithreading.  (Ok, I'm exaggerating.)  Among the other major
improvements in this release:

std.net.isemail

massive GC optimizations for large allocations (~25% for very small ones
to several hundred fold for huge ones)

core.cpuid works on 64-bit

temporary object destruction

massive amounts of CTFE fixes