std.parallelism is accepted into Phobos

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Tue Apr 26 10:31:53 PDT 2011

> Interesting. It would be great if you tried your hand at expressing the
> Phobos build (which is rather simple) with redo so we can see the result.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

I have no idea how to work Makefiles, but based on the output I have no
idea why you bother with a Makefile at all. All that seems to happen is
build C deps, get a relevant list of source files for the platform, pass
them to dmd. Surely this can be handled in a <10 line shell script for
the unicies/poxises etc and a slightly longer batch script for windows?
If you built file by file it might be worth using something more
sophisticated, but that isn't the case.

If it does more than that then I'd be happy to look into writing the
equivalent with redo (maybe even look at porting it to D so the build
script can be written in idiomatic D). Of course if I did port it it'd
have to be LGPL, writing from scratch could be any license. The minimal
version that rebuilds everything each time is public domain.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/