std.parallelism is accepted into Phobos

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Tue Apr 26 11:06:04 PDT 2011

> That's pretty much it. There's also the documentation build, the debug
> vs. release build. and portability-related stuff.
>
> I doubt it could be done in <10 lines of shell scripting because just
> enumerating the modules would fill those. But if you feel strongly about
> this definitely do it - if you come with something better we'd be glad
> to replace things.

Why enumerate them? * will do, if there are files you don't want
including they shouldn't be in the directory. All the platform specific
stuff is separated in its own folders too, so that's not an issue.

>> If it does more than that then I'd be happy to look into writing the
>> equivalent with redo (maybe even look at porting it to D so the build
>> script can be written in idiomatic D). Of course if I did port it it'd
>> have to be LGPL, writing from scratch could be any license. The minimal
>> version that rebuilds everything each time is public domain.
>
> Probably the basic redo script would give us a good idea of how things
> would be.

A redo script could be the way to go if phobos was being built
incrementally, but it seems like overkill given that most of the build
is one command.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/