std.parallelism is accepted into Phobos

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Fri Apr 29 09:52:04 PDT 2011

On 26/04/2011 17:56, Russel Winder wrote:
> Hardly.  In 1978 Make was a revelation and a revolution.  Well at least
> on Unix.  And that is the problem, Make is all very well if you are on
> Unix and can rely on /bin/sh and various other tools.  As soon as you
> try to create platform independent builds, Make fails to be sensible
> except for trivial builds.

I fully agree, not being platform independent is a fundamental problem
and (IMO) an unacceptable one for a modern build system (for D or
otherwise).

I also echo your comments about the build actions/commands: For a build
system to be truly platform independent, the core/common set of build
actions must be available in the build tool itself, not as external
command-line programs (unless the programs are supplied by the build
system itself).

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer