What library functionality would you most like to see in D?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Aug 2 01:45:34 PDT 2011

On 2011-08-02 00:34, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 8/1/11 4:35 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Johann MacDonagh"<johann.macdonagh.no at spam.gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:j1501g$tbs$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> 1. Database interface. Should support sqlite, mysql, postgres, etc...
>>> 3. Some kind of web framework.
>>
>> Agreed, but fortunately Adam's stuff for that is shaping up nicely:
>>
>> https://github.com/adamdruppe/misc-stuff-including-D-programming-language-web-stuff
>>

>>> 2. DWT fixed up and merged into Phobos.
>>
>> That'd certainly be nice.
>
> Interesting. What platforms does DWT work on? What is the general
> community opinion on integrating it within Phobos? Is there anyone
> willing to take on this task?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

Windows and Linux (GTK) 32bit. I'm in the middle of porting the Mac OS X
version. These are the platforms that SWT supports:

Windows 32/64bit
Windows CE
Linux 32/64bit and PPC64
Solaris 10 x86 and Sparc
HPUX IA64_32
AIX PPC/64
Mac OS X 32/64bit

Graphics systems used:
Windows - win32
Posix - GTK2
Mac OS X - Cocoa

I would be willing to take on this task, but it's not a priority I have
right now. If anyone else wants to do it I have no problems with that.

It would probably be best if at least three people did the integration,
,one for windows, one for linux and one for osx, and work close together
for any non-platform specific code. I'm using Mac OS X as my main
system. BTW, the Mac OS X specific code could really benefit from Michel
Fortin's Objective-C fork of DMD.

--
/Jacob Carlborg