pi benchmark on ldc and dmd

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 07:08:02 PDT 2011

> LDC builds in under a half hour, even on my underpowered ARM SoC,
> so I don't see how you could be having trouble there.

Building dmd from the zip took 37 *seconds* for me just now, after
running a make clean (this is on Linux).

gdc and ldc have their advantages, but they have disadvantages too.
I think the people saying "abandon dmd" don't know the other side
of the story.

Basically, I think the more compilers we have for D the better.
gdc is good. ldc is good. And so is dmd. We shouldn't abandon
any of them.