DWT in Phobos? was [Re: What library functionality would you most like to see in D?]

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+d at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 07:39:00 PDT 2011

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:49:45 +0200, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

>> The port is very Java style, it doesn't have a D layer to make it work
>> nicely with ranges (err last time I used it 3 yrs ago). All the
>> packages are org.eclipse... The library itself is huge and the port
>> isn't complete.
>
> How would the ranges be used in a GUI library?

Well, not much thought has gone into it, but I'm thinking list displays
could take ranges and provide a range interface. But maybe a ranges
laziness is of no benefit and array() isn't so bad. I suppose working
with Phobos containers would be a better example.

I should probably look at using DWT again. I started used DFL because I
needed a dependencyless Windows library for D2 and DWT wasn't there yet,
and in general it is pretty big...