What library functionality would you most like to see in D?

so so at so.so
Tue Aug 2 08:25:12 PDT 2011

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 03:51:56 +0300, Brad Roberts
<braddr at slice-2.puremagic.com> wrote:

> I don't think that any gui library belongs in phobos because there's
> essentially no agreement about what cross-platform library is standard.
> Pick any random 10 gui developers about what library they used (assuming
> they do anything cross-platform) and you'll get more than 1 answer.  I'd
> be shocked if you get a clear enough majority to suggest 1 that'd make a
> big set of people happy.
>
> Sorry, the gui library landscape just doesn't approach being obvious
> enough to be in the standard library.
>
> My 2 cents,
> Brad

I agree, GUIs (and other huge libraries that everyone has their own
favorite) don't belong standard library. Other languages get away with it
because they are either platform themselves or support only one platform.
Another reason not to include them to the standard library, remember
phobos has rules (we might need to change many things).
But if we have something small, simple and cross-platform somewhere, why
not!