What library functionality would you most like to see in D?

Josh Simmons simmons.44 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 01:12:18 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> On 2011-08-01 23:35, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>
>> "Johann MacDonagh"<johann.macdonagh.no at spam.gmail.com>  wrote in message
>> news:j1501g$tbs$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> 1. Database interface. Should support sqlite, mysql, postgres, etc...
>>> 3. Some kind of web framework.
>>
>> Agreed, but fortunately Adam's stuff for that is shaping up nicely:
>>

>> https://github.com/adamdruppe/misc-stuff-including-D-programming-language-web-stuff
>>
>>> 2. DWT fixed up and merged into Phobos.
>>
>> That'd certainly be nice.
>
> That would be an enormous addition (in code) to Phobos. I would guess that
> the code base of DWT, for just one platform, is larger than the whole
> Phobos.
>
> --
> /Jacob Carlborg

Not sure what point adding these kinds of things to phobos would serve.

As far as I can see it all you're going to do is discourage
alternative implementations and encourage people to code before
thinking about their own requirements.

And for that you've made phobos significantly larger and harder to maintain.