pi benchmark on ldc and dmd

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 13:59:41 PDT 2011

Walter Bright wrote:
> All I did with your example was replace BigInt with long.

hmm.... this is my error, but might be a bug too.

Take that same program and add some inline asm to it.

void main() {
   asm { nop; }
[... the rest is identical ...]
}

Now compile it and check the output. With the asm, I get the
output I posted. If I cut it out, I get what you posted.

My error here is when I did the obj2asm the first time, I added
an instruction inline so I could confirm quickly that I was in
the right place in the file. (I cut that out later but forgot to
rerun obj2asm.)