What does C++ do better than D? - StackOverflow.com

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Tue Aug 2 15:00:11 PDT 2011

Am 02.08.2011, 21:46 Uhr, schrieb Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com>:

> On 8/2/2011 3:18 AM, Marco Leise wrote:
>> On this higher level C++ gives the form of logical protection for the
>> 'caching'
>> case that I need as an OO programmer.
>
> My point is C++ simply does not give that protection. The protection is
> there only by *convention*. It is not a language feature.

Hmm yes, that cannot be argued. But you can go with the undefined
behaviour resulting in casting away const in D. Isn't that the same
category? And do you sometimes think "Hey you guys can just use C++ or
Java if you think D is wrong!" ? I hope not. I enjoy looking into an
evolving language and discuss it and I've written a DOS animated GIF
viewer and an MD5 hasher in assembly. So I like being close to the silicon
 from time to time when I'm not trying to hail the OOP gods.