What library functionality would you most like to see in D?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Aug 2 17:02:20 PDT 2011

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2068.1312316161.14074.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> There's a win32 curses-like library around afaik. It uses escape codes
> instead of WinAPI calls.

Hmm, see that's the problem, the ANSI escape codes don't really exist in
Win2K+:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code#Windows_and_DOS

Granted, that doesn't cite any sources, unfortunately. But my experience
porting the download progress bar in DVM to Windows supports what that
Wikipedia article says. I had to rip out the escape codes and just use
carriage-return (without line-feed).

Although I suppose it's possible there are non-ANSI escape codes that I'm
not aware of.

> Btw I've tried using WinAPI for console coloring, it's so damn clumsy
> to use. -_-

I've never used it, but I don't doubt that. The WinAPI can be pretty clumsy
in general (due in no small part to being so C-centric).