ldc and gdc

Trass3r un at known.com
Thu Aug 4 07:17:46 PDT 2011

> Are there binary packages available for their D2 builds, complete
> with phobos and druntime, for both Windows and Linux? I'd really like
> to see binary zips of them comparable to dmd in ease of use.

GDC packages are available for Windoze thx to Daniel Green (and that's
really helpful, compiling this yourself is painful).
Compiling it on Linux is really straightforward, just follow the build
instructions. Don't know if there's a need for prebuilt packages.
But I guess I could pack my version upon request.

LDC2 is not that user-friendly currently since phobos and druntime aren't
included in the main repo. Also they aren't built by default when running
make and they aren't installed properly with make install.
On the other hand it could be built painlessly on Windows since it uses
CMake.
So packages would indeed make sense in this case, but I don't know if it's
reasonable to do so since LDC2 is still in flux.