ldc and gdc

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Aug 4 10:34:17 PDT 2011

> By the way... the druntime and phobos patches for LDC - are they
> applicable to GDC and DMD as well? I'm asking because I could imagine
> installing druntime, phobos, DMD, GDC and LDC and all three compilers
> would use the same installation of the standard library.

They _can't_ all use the same installations. At minimum, druntime must be
different for each of them. That's expected and by design. Whether Phobos
needs to be different for each or not as far as source goes, I don't know
(hopefully not, but there might be a reason why it has to). But since the
compiled library includes both druntime and Phobos, that can't be shared.

- Jonathan M Davis